Friday, August 12, 2016

Fields of Dreams

 Remember that Kamiak Butte I mentioned earlier?  Well, I decided to give it an early morning try (much too hot later in the day!).  Unlike Steptoe, where you can just drive to the top, this required a little easy hiking.
 Mystery wildflower...  
 Finding textures in the landscapes below.
 Nice patch of yellow wildflowers.
 Now put them together...


 The grand view.
 Singled out.
 The trail near the top.

 Seas of green...

 Making waves... 



 Looking back at Steptoe.
 The trail back down.
 Time in town...
 Cute buildings...
 Cute curtains...
 And while we were there, they had a "rat rod" event.





 Lunch at the "Palouse Caboose"  : )

 And some scenes from camp... 
Looking out the RV window at the family...
And getting looked at back!
 Time to take Bill and the dogs up Steptoe.  He might not be taking pictures, but he needed to see this view!
 Zouey says it's good but too hot!!! (was in the 90s I think)
 One cool-looking dude on top of a power line (Great Horned Owl, dontcha know?!)
 And ever the glutton for punishment, I decided to drive to the falls again, in the hopes of my elusive sunset photo...  This time, I was much more careful with timing and took a more straightforward drive there.  But...nature had other ideas...again.  No spectacular sunset.  Pretty late light but no pink, alas...
 So I went ahead and dorked around, shooting the plateau.



 And while I didn't get the pink glow, at least it wasn't totally dark when I shot the falls!
 While there are lots of great perches for seeing the falls, there's really just one tiny spot to get "The View," and both nights I was there, it was already taken!  But that's OK - it looked a little scary.  This shot doesn't show you where their tripod feet are sitting, or how very close to the edge they have to be to get "The Shot!"  The falls were awful pretty - but not THAT pretty!
Well, that was A LOT of Palouse pictures!  I hope you enjoyed them.  I sure had a great time collecting them!

2 comments: