Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Next up: Eagle Creek

Farther east along the 84, I found my second destination - an easy 2 mile hike in to a couple nice waterfalls.  That was all I felt my old hip would be up to anyways, but it was just as well - the other, more spectacular, waterfalls farther up the trail were off-limits due to a bridge collapse.
 The trailhead.
 Even if there weren't ANY waterfalls, this would be a terrific trail!
 Really pretty, and very doable - even for near-gimps like me!
 Mossy.

 Some kind of wild onion (allium).
 Very safe section that might still give pause to those afraid of heights...
 Even pretty in death.
 One dead tree, but LOTS of live ones!!! 
 Metlako Falls (from kind of far away).
 Entrance to Punchbowl Falls area.

Punchbowl Falls
  
 (the falls are around the bend, out of sight unless you go to the far end of the rocky beach)
 The way back...
 and a super cute dog (named Foxy)!
 Foxy's owner, and her friends - who, believe it or not, I recognized from my Oneonta outing!

 I enjoyed walking and chatting with Foxy's folks for awhile, but they ended up needing to go faster than photo-speed, so I bid them farewell.

 Remember the spittle bugs back in the old growth forests of CA?  Well, here's some other, more over-active, models...!
Think this is a white brodiaea.

No comments:

Post a Comment